Anti-wrinkle BTX for Hay Fever Control
We all know that hay fever symptoms can make anyone feel miserable, and Spring is the season most of us will suffer from these symptoms like an itchy, runny or blocked nose, sneezing; itchy or bleary, red, gritty and irritated, watery or streaming eyes, but did you know that Anti-wrinkle BTX is an effective way to avoid suffering from hay fever?
While Anti-wrinkle BTX is often used for improving wrinkles, it can also be used to block neural transmission at the specialised nerve endings in the nasal cavity.
Typical hay fever treatments include nasal sprays, daily antihistamine tablets, and even complex courses of desensitisation injections prescribed by an Allergist – all of which require regular treatment, whereas Anti-wrinkle BTX blockade of the nasal nerve endings basically just bypasses the immune system from ever becoming stimulated by the environmental allergens that you are reacting to and typically last between 4 to 6 weeks.
How Does It Work?
Anti-wrinkle BTX treatment for hay fever is by topical application, not by injection, as the mucosa lining of the nasal cavity is very thin and nerve receptors can absorb the Anti-wrinkle BTX directly. While the treatment does not ‘cure’ hay fever, it does prevent the symptoms by bypassing the body’s immune system from having to respond to the allergic stimulus.
There are no side effects! Anti-wrinkle BTX hay fever treatment is recommended for people who wish to avoid typical side-effects and the inconvenience associated from taking regular oral medication or nasal sprays, or having to persist with the ongoing requirements of desensitisation injections.
Key points – Anti-wrinkle BTX for hay fever:
- No side-effects. There are absolutely no side effects. After applying Anti-wrinkle BTX inside the nose, the mucous membrane of the throat will not be affected even if the Anti-wrinkle BTX runs into the throat. The treatment does cause an effect like a hay fever attack that lasts for up to 10 minutes.
- No pain. You might feel a bit uncomfortable when the applicator is being inserted into your nose. There is no pain and no odour.
- Quick treatment. Treatment takes about 5 minutes (You will be kept under observation to rest for about 10 minutes after the treatment).
- Inexpensive and cost-effective. One or two Anti-wrinkle BTX treatments are very inexpensive compared to the ongoing costs of buying over the counter sprays and hay fever relief tablets, prescription sprays and tablets, or the high expense and inconvenience of seeing a Consultant Allergist, buying their bottles of immune serums, and then having to arrange weekly or fortnightly injections with your family GP.
- Long-lasting response. All patients get a benefit. Some may need a second treatment after 4-6 weeks if their initial response is incomplete. Hay fever symptom control can last from several months up to two years depending on the individual. It is recommended to have the treatment repeated annually during the hay fever season. Importantly, Anti-wrinkle BTX treatment does not interfere with other treatments if they are needed (You can have the Anti-wrinkle BTX treatment in combination with any other hay fever treatments).
Anti-wrinkle BTX For Hay Fever Procedure
- A medical consultation and hay fever assessment is conducted.
- Do not take any hay fever medication for 24 hours before any treatment and cease Steroid nasal sprays for 2 weeks prior.
- Instillation of Anti-wrinkle BTX into the nasal cavity using sterile applicators.
- Remain lying down for about 10 minutes while the Anti-wrinkle BTX application penetrates the nasal cavity.
- The treatment will likely provoke symptoms of a hay fever attack that can last 10-15 minutes.
- Beneficial effects typically start within a few hours after the treatment, and sometimes begin immediately.
Read More About Anti-wrinkle BTX for Hay Fever Control
Want more information about our services? Schedule an appointment with The Dripclub, or consult with one of our staff.